HP56 Death Strain – Is this the next world record holder

by Hot Juan on March 27, 2015 · 10 comments

in News

HP56 Death Strain from Ed Currie at  Puckerbutt Pepper Company In an interview with Kristen Hampton of wbtv.com she gets to taste the HP56 Death Stain, she reports that this has now been tested at nearly 3 million SHU. During the video you hear Ed saying that this is the one they are submitting.. maybe a hint of a new World Record.

Note: just had an email from Ed to say the HP56 is averaging 2.89 million SHU.

Back in September 2013 Ed sent Ted Barrus (Fire Breathing Idiot) an early HP56 Death Strain pod to review. I think you will be impressed with the effect it has on Ted (Warning this review includes VOMIT.

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

avatar Jeff January 21, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Where can I get seeds for this. ( Canada ) I am numb to the ghost peppers I grow and I have seeds for the Reaper strain already for this season. These would be an incredible addition to my garden and to my Idiot collection of peppers for Pit season.

Hope to hear back and thanks for creating the strain.

avatar Mary Lynn March 7, 2016 at 11:41 am

You can go to puckerbuttpeppercompany.com. If you scroll to the very bottom you’ll see it says shipping policy. click on that and you’ll see they ship to anywhere in the world. 🙂

—– Tweetie

avatar Kellie November 16, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Why do people put themselves through such torture? There is nothing fun about burning your face off….and later your tail end.

avatar Pepperhead January 22, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Kellie,

Most people are using these crazy pepper for cancer treatment! I have a friend that is in the trial group of people trying out this breed. Capsaicin basically makes cancer cells kill themselves! It is really amazing and all natural therapy.

Check more out here. http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/94/17/1263.full

avatar Joey March 7, 2016 at 11:00 am

Its use as cancer treatment is still controversial at best and not definitive. Skin cancer seems to be the only type of cancer that researchers are interested in when it comes to capsaicin, so eating it won’t have any effect. Sellers of Carolina reaper peppers are just using this research for marketing purposes, and really twisting it in their own words to sell more. As of 2016, it’s as effective a cancer treatment as cellphones are a cause of brain cancer. More studies needed, no conclusions yet.

avatar Robert Crabtree November 16, 2015 at 8:53 am

That sounds delicious!! I love the Carolina reaper! I’ve used it in several recipes! The flavor is amazing, but the heat is intense..

avatar Vojta November 12, 2015 at 7:39 am

Omg I need some seeds Iam from Czech Republic where i CAN get some? Iam member of chilli club and we would like to ty it 😉

avatar Mary Lynn March 7, 2016 at 11:39 am

—– Tweetie

avatar Roland Bergmann October 13, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Hey Ted, where can i get seeds, from HP56 Death stain?
I am from Denmark, and we are som members of a chilli club, and want to try the HP56, so please send mail or link to it.

I hope to heare from you.

avatar Brianna Skinner May 8, 2015 at 3:34 am